The c-BMS24 offers compact battery management for up to 24 cells connected in series for up to an approx. 100V max pack voltage depending on cell chemistry.
Despite measuring only 150 x 70 mm, the c-BMS24 is equipped with a powerful dual core processor and state of the art application specific integrated circuit (ASIC), can reach temperature accuracy of ±1 °C and high SOC accuracy.
The c-BMS24 can be configured via the licensed c-BMS CREATOR software. This tool allows battery integrators to create application-specific settings, optimizing battery performance and life.
Product ordering number:
c-BMS CREATOR: 100940.99
c-BMS SERVICE: 100941.99
|Power supply:||6-35 V|
|Range of high voltage measurement:||0 – 120 VDC|
|Accuracy of high voltage measurement:||±1 VDC|
|Range of current measurement input Shunt:||±200 mV|
|Accuracy of current measurement input Shunt:||±0.5 mV -40 – 85 °C|
|Range of current measurement input (Hall effect sensor):||0.0 – 5.0 V, 0.0 -2.5 V current in, 2.5 V – 5.0 V current out|
|Accuracy of current measurement input (Hall effect sensor):||±1.25 mV -40 – 85 °C|
|Standby consumption (sleep mode):||<2.5 mW|
|Active consumption:||<2.7 W|
|Supported CAN communication type:||CAN 2.0A/B 11 bit and 29 bit IDs|
|Supported CAN speeds:||125, 250, 500, 1k kbit/sec|
|CAN ports:||1 (reference to power supply 6-35V)|
|External General Purpose I/O’s:||4 GP I/O (Active Low) and 4 inputs|
|Charger control interfaces:||CAN|
|Number of cells:||Up to 24 Cells. Minimum 11 V|
|Minimum detectable cell voltage:||0 VDC|
|Maximum detectable cell voltage:||5 VDC|
|Cell balancing topology:||Dissipative|
|Cell balancing current:||200 mA, at cell voltage 4.2 V|
|Cell voltage typical sampling time:||100 ms|
|Accuracy of single cell voltage:||±1.6 mV at 25 °C|
|Range of Temperature measurements:||-40 to +85 °C|
|Accuracy of cell temperature (NTC):||±1 °C -40 – 85 °C|
|Patents Granted:||ZT 200780048774, EP 0781788.6, US 8.350.529|
|Temperature sensor channels:||Up to 6|
|Dimension||170 mm x 70 mm x 15 mm, 67 g|
- Configuration software
- The c-BMS CREATOR software enables the battery designer to set up the BMS configuration for their specific application and selected battery chemistry.
- USB/CAN adapter
- For the c-BMS CREATOR software an adapter is required for USB to CAN conversion, which allows the connection from the BMS to the PC.
LiTHIUM BALANCE offers a range of chargers which are both air-cooled and water cooled. Chargers are available in 1,8 kW, 3,3 kW and 6,6 kW capacities.
- Cell monitoring wire harness
- We can provide tailor-made cell monitoring and temperature wire harnesses for all c-BMS products.
- External communication wire
- A range of different I/O cables are available for all c-BMS products for connection to shunts, VCU, relays, CAN devices and other peripherals.
- For all c-BMS products, a range of standard, compact, and high precision shunts are offered. The shunts can be selected to fit almost any application-specific currents.
- HAL effect sensor
- For all c-BMS products a range of standard high precision HAL effect sensors are offered. The HAL sensor can also be selected to fit almost any application specific currents.
- For battery systems, a further safety layer is configured using fuses. LiTHIUM BALANCE offers several fuses with ratings relevant for large format batteries.
- LiTHIUM BALANCE offers a number of standard displays (based on CAN) that can be connected seamlessly to the c-BMS.
- For all c-BMS products a range of standard robust relays are offered. The relays can be selected to fit almost any application specific currents and voltage levels.
- Application support
- In order to ensure the smooth integration of the c-BMS into the system, we offer application support. In the software license 5 hours of free support is included. Application support beyond that is offered on an hourly basis.
- For a comprehensive introduction about the possibilities of our c-BMS, Li-ION technology, and battery integration, LiTHIUM BALANCE offers trainings tailored specifically to your needs.
- Remote surveillance
- For our c-BMS, a modem-based surveillance system can be connected to the BMS via CAN. The data is stored on a secure server and can be accessed from anywhere.